A basic rundown of our approach
Wing Surfing lessons 1 (Ground based lesson – approx. 45-60 minutes)
- Setting up and becoming acquainted with wing surf gear
- Learning the principals of power generation by handling the wing
- Learning basic board and wing skills (On land)
Next step: Getting in the water – Taking the principals and techniques learned on land lessons and putting
them into practice.
We start on a high volume stable board (No hydrofoil attached) which is relatively easy to
keep your balance whilst learning to manipulate power generation from the wing.
- Learn to get into position as quickly as possible with a stepped process before you
lose too much downwind ground.
- Generate Power from the wing and transfer that power into speed and angle on the
- Maintain your ground on both natural and goofy tacks.
- De rigging of gear.
Wing Surfing lessons 2 (2x Boat based hydrofoil lessons – approx. 30 minutes each)
Lessons take place behind a Mastercraft or Ski Nautique tournament waterski boat.
- Set up of Hydrofoil gear.
- Learn the fundamentals of controlling a hydrofoil, by acquiring the correct
techniques to control the lift created by the foil.
Wing Surfing lessons 3 (Water based lesson -approx. 60 minutes )
- Rigging up of equipment.
- Refresher of wing and board skills.
- Safe Handling of the hydrofoil and Wing.
- Getting into water and putting skills acquired from previous lessons into place to
generate power from the wing and getting onto hydrofoil.
- Rigging down of equipment.
See our Lessons FAQ for more info.
Please come back and Review us if you enjoyed your lessons with us.