2021 Slingshot Asylum V5 Kiteboard Features
- Hot Sheet 10k Carbon Stringer: The stiffest carbon stringer in an board we make results in maximum rebound and pop for superior freestyle and big-air capabilities.
- Atomic Wood Core: Sustainably grown Paulownia gives the lively, springy character that Slingshot boards are famous for. Vertically laminated construction harness the collective strength of the wood’s grain and provides strength, durability, and consistent flex over the life of the board.
- Carbon Bedrock Inserts: Light, flexible and durable inserts that maintain the board’s flex underfoot for a consistent feel from tip to tail.
- Chined plane Rails: Designed to completely redirect spray away and down these belly channels reduce the are of contact between the board and the surface of the water. The chined rails also help prevent catching an edge on fast and sketchy landings.
- Slingshot Fusion Sidewall: We’ve transferred the same technology found in high durometer urethane skateboard wheels into the rail of all our boards. Our innovative manufacturing process literally infuses the rail into the board cores in one single shot, producing unrivaled dampening and durability.
- Precision Lazer Cut Channels: By utilizing the latest in laser-cutting technology, all of our boards feature the cleanest, most precise construction. What this laser tech means to you as a rider is these boards have consistently cleaner takeoffs, smoother landings, better response, tons of grip, load-and-pop, and upwind drive.
- Dura-Light Base: This .2mm base material is the ideal strength to weight ratio. Lightweight performance in a strong and durable package.
- Continuous Rocker: Smooth, consistent curve provides a fast ride, predictable pop, great carving performance, and disperses water to soften landings.
All of our twin tip boards are made with Sustainably Sources Wood. Our wood providers are Forest Stewardship Council approved ensuring that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social, and economic benefits. These standards expand protection of water quality, prohibit harvest of rare old-growth forest, prevent loss of natural forest cover, and prohibit the use of highly hazardous chemicals. This approval also protects the customary right of indigenous people, ensuring their voices are part of the certification process and impacts of forest operations are addressed.